- Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your information -- over the internet, on the telephone, or through our offices – has always been fundamental to the way we do business at the Greater Kingston Chamber of Commerce. We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to the privacy of our members, partners and website visitors.
- The Greater Kingston Chamber of Commerce respects the privacy of its internet users and will protect that privacy as vigorously as possible.
- The Chamber does not collect information that personally identifies individuals except when individuals provide such specific information on a voluntary basis.
Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- The purpose for which the Greater Kingston Chamber of Commerce collects personal information will be identified at or before the time the information is collected. Furthermore, the Greater Kingston Chamber of Commerce collects only information that is voluntarily provided by the user and undertakes that such information will be kept strictly confidential.
- Individual information provided to the Chamber to gain access to any feature of the Chamber site will not be sold or made available to a third party. Moreover, if an individual or group wishes to use the Chamber platform to promote an event, it is the Chamber’s policy to reserve the right to control the type and form of such promotion.
Personal information may be collected for such purposes as:
- administering Chamber membership and providing member services;
- registering for Chamber events, for example the Annual General Meeting, Breakfasts, Mixers, Lunches and Seminars;
- purchasing various products or services including, but not limited to carnet, document certification, or publications; and
- processing and administering the above or other purposes as necessary.
- Listing on Chamber website
The Greater Kingston Chamber of Commerce will not use personal information for any other purpose than identified at or before the time of collection.
The Greater Kingston Chamber of Commerce does reserve the right , however, to perform statistical analyses of user behaviour and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of its sites so as to improve design navigation and to gather marketing information. For example, web stats such as hits and visits are used to find ways to enhance our website and offer what is expected. Only aggregated data from these analyses, not individual data, will be used for this purpose.
Member and public use of information
- Certain information is available to the general public such as our online member directory, member to member discounts, news, event details and announcements.
- Certain information on our website is available to Chamber members only. This refers to specific benefits and programs offered exclusively to Chamber members such as merchant services, pharmacy dispensing fees and access to archived news items and policy. These are major components and services that members receive as part of their membership package.
- Through the website, you may enter domains that are beyond the boundaries of the Greater Kingston Chamber of Commerce and, once there, the Chamber is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these web sites.
If you have further questions on the information that the Greater Kingston Chamber of Commerce gathers, please contact the Chamber at